CALL FOR NOMINATIONS – NCURA REGION VI AWARDS FOR THE 2017 REGION VI/VII MEETING
Nominations for the Helen Carrier Distinguished Service Award, the Meritorious Contribution Award, and the Barry Dorfman Outstanding Region VI Member Award are now
being accepted. Awardees will be honored at the NCURA Region VI/VII/VIII Meeting, to be held November 5-8, 2017 in Portland, Oregon. Award information and nomination
instructions are provided below.
The deadline for receipt of nominations is FRIDAY, October 20, 2017
Helen Carrier Distinguished Service Award
This award was named in memory of Helen Carrier, in recognition of her contributions to research administration in general, and specifically to NCURA. The following
criteria will be used in considering individuals for this award. To be considered for this award, nominees must:
- Be a member of Region VI at the time of nomination;
- Have at least ten years of experience in the research administration field; and
- Present evidence of significant continuing and long-term contributions to NCURA specifically, and research administration more broadly. This can be documented
through activities such as service as an NCURA officer and/or a Committee Chair in the region and/or at the national level, making research administration-focused
presentations within the field, presenting workshops either in conjunction with NCURA or within other professional forums (such as FDP, COGR, invited meetings,
etc.), conducting peer reviews, serving as faculty at professional development training, and/or publishing articles on research administration.
Applications must be completed and submitted online via the NCURA Region VI Hellen Carrier Distinguished Service Award nomination form found at: https://ncuraregionvi.org/DSA.aspx
Meritorious Contribution Award
The nominee(s) for this award shall have made a meritorious contribution to the NCURA Region VI. Individuals and groups are eligible. The following criteria
will be used in considering individuals and/or groups for this award. To be considered for this award, nominees must:
- Be a current or past member of Region VI. In the case of group efforts, at least one of the nominees must be a Region VI member at the time of the activity(ies)
that are being recognized;
- Have made a contribution or contributions to Region VI activities that are especially commendable or praiseworthy. This can be evidenced through special service
to NCURA Region VI, through activities such as development and implementation of an innovative program to enhance the conduct of regional activities, programs
or business; the creation of research administration tools, or sustained support for regional or national activities, or service to the region.
Self-nominations are encouraged. In all instances, the nomination must include separate letters of endorsement from two current NCURA Region VI members.
Applications must be completed and submitted online via the NCURA Region VI Meritorious Contribution Award nomination form found at:
Barry Dorfman Outstanding Region VI Member Award
This award was established in memory of Barry Dorfman. Having made a mid-life career change, Barry was fairly new to the field of research administration and to
NCURA, but brought a wealth of prior experience to the organization. This award is intended to honor individuals who, like Barry, quickly became active and valued
members of Region VI. The following criteria will be used in considering individuals for this award. To be considered for this award, nominees must:
- Be a current member of NCURA Region VI,
- Have initially joined NCURA no more than 5 years ago,
- Have demonstrated a quick willingness to offer their abilities, time, energies, creativity, commitment and enthusiasm to NCURA as demonstrated through involvement
with NCURA, and
- Have served the Region in at least two different ways, including but not limited to participation on a regional and/or national NCURA Committee (including the
Regional Advisory Committee), serving as an officer at the regional or national level, participating in an NCURA meeting or workshop
Applications must be completed and submitted online via the NCURA Region VI Barry Dorfman Outstanding Region VI Member Award nomination form found at: https://ncuraregionvi.org/BDO.aspx
Linda W. Patton Emeritus Award
Named after its first recipient, the Linda W. Patton Emeritus Award was created to recognize those who have contributed to the success, growth, and visibility of
NCURA through committee work, programming, outreach, and governance. The award intends to recognize those who work behind the scenes for NCURA, as well as those
who have been honored by election to office or committee chair assignment. To be considered for this award, nominees must:
- Be retired from research administration;
- Have been a NCURA member for a minimum of 10 years, not necessarily consecutive, years; and
- Have made a significant and substantial contribution to NCURA during their archival career.
Applications must be completed and submitted online via the NCURA Region VI Linda W. Patton Emeritus Award nomination form found at: https://ncuraregionvi.org/lpe.aspx
Questions? Contact Stella Sung (Chair, Region VI Awards Committee) at email@example.com.