This award was named in memory of Helen Carrier, in recognition of her contributions
to research administration in general, and specifically to NCURA.
The following criteria will be used in considering individuals for this award. To
be considered for this award, nominees must:
Be a member of Region VI at the time of nomination;
- Have at least ten years of experience in the research administration field; and
- Present evidence of significant continuing and long-term contributions to NCURA
specifically, and research administration more broadly. This can be documented through
activities such as service as an NCURA officer and/or a Committee Chair in the region
and/or at the national level, making research administration-focused presentations
within the field, presenting workshops either in conjunction with NCURA or within
other professional forums (such as FDP, COGR, invited meetings, etc.), conducting
peer reviews, serving as faculty at professional development training, and/or publishing
articles on research administration.
- Nomination forms will be made available on-line to all Region VI NCURA members at
least 120 days before the regional meeting. The specific deadline date for submission
will be announced with the annual call for nominations.
- The Awards Committee Chair will contact all nominators to acknowledge receipt of
nominations received prior to the deadline.
- As soon as possible after the Awardees have been selected and that information reported
to the Region VI Chair, the Awards Committee Chair will notify the Awardees, their
nominators and supporters in writing. The Chair will also notify the nominees not
selected, including their nominators and supporters.
- An award recipient's immediate supervisor and/or president of the recipient's institution
will receive notification of the award presentation.
- The award(s) will be made at the spring regional meeting each year. The Region VI
Awards Committee Chair will present the award(s). The Chair may designate an individual
to present a specific award.
- Plaques will be given to the awardee(s).
- Award presentation visibility will be carefully coordinated. Photographs for both
historical use and NCURA Newsletter use will be planned.
Note: An award does not have to be made in each category each year. However, the
Awards committee may determine that multiple awards may be given in any given category
in a single year.
Return to Awards Page