The nominee(s) for this award shall have made a meritorious contribution to the NCURA Region VI. Individuals and groups are eligible.
The following criteria will be used in considering individuals and/or groups for this award. To be considered for this award, nominees must:
- Be a current or past member of Region VI. In the case of group efforts, at least one of the nominees must be a Region VI member at the time of the activity (ies) that are being recognized;
- Have made a contribution or contributions to Region VI activities that are especially commendable or praiseworthy. This can be evidenced through special service to NCURA Region VI, through activities such as development and implementation of an innovative program to enhance the conduct of regional activities, programs or business; the creation of research administration tools, or sustained support for regional or national activities, or service to the region.
Self-nominations are encouraged. In all instances, the nomination must include separate letters of endorsement from two current NCURA Region VI members.
- Nomination forms will be made available on-line to all Region VI NCURA members at least 120 days before the regional meeting. The specific deadline date for submission will be announced with the annual call for nominations.
- The Awards Committee Chair will contact all nominators to acknowledge receipt of nominations received prior to the deadline.
- As soon as possible after the Awardees have been selected and that information reported to the Region VI Chair, the Awards Committee Chair will notify the Awardees, their nominators and supporters in writing. The Chair will also notify the nominees not selected, including their nominators and supporters.
- An award recipient's immediate supervisor and/or president of the recipient's institution will receive notification of the award presentation.
- The award(s) will be made at the spring regional meeting each year. The Region VI Awards Committee Chair will present the award(s). The Chair may designate an individual to present a specific award.
- Plaques will be given to the awardee(s).
- Award presentation visibility will be carefully coordinated. Photographs for both historical use and NCURA Newsletter use will be planned.
Note: An award does not have to be made in each category each year. However, the Awards committee may determine that multiple awards may be given in any given category in a single year.
Return to Awards Page